successful offshoring of TC/TW (was: TC vs TW)

Subject: successful offshoring of TC/TW (was: TC vs TW)
From: "Milan Davidovic" <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:48:26 -0400

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:35 PM, David Hailey <david -dot- hailey -at- usu -dot- edu> wrote:
> . . .and the non-writing "communicator" jobs that I predicted will degrade to hourly support jobs will follow to wherever the "nontechnical" technical writer jobs end up (everybody today worries about India, but I think ten years from now India will be looking for someplace to offshore as well).

Hmmm... that would be me. I'm not worried, though, because I think I
have adaptability on my side (and we'll see how well that works out
if/when the time comes).

I seem to recall the topic of offshoring coming up on this list
earlier, though I may have been too busy to follow it. Were there any
stories of successful cases (i.e.where the company was happy with the
results)? If not, does anybody know of any?

Milan Davidovic

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit