Re: successful offshoring of TC/TW (was: TC vs TW)

Subject: Re: successful offshoring of TC/TW (was: TC vs TW)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Milan Davidovic" <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:06:51 -0700

My last employer seemed pretty happy with the multi-
country tech pubs department I built for them. Writer
teams in the US, Asia and Europe, each providing
direct support to a local development team and remote
support to developers in the other locations. All our
writers had local engineers who could answer any
technical questions, direct access to the engineering
and testing tools and global infrastructure that enabled
us to work collaboratively on documents and hand them
off to one another to keep work going around the clock.
For two years straight we were the only department in
the entire company that delivered 100% of its projects
on schedule and never held up a customer delivery.
Unfortunately, the inability of the rest of the company
to do the same inevitably made our group success
rather academic.

Gene Kim-Eng