Re: TC vs TW

Subject: Re: TC vs TW
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "David Hailey" <david -dot- hailey -at- usu -dot- edu>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:55:38 -0700

But this is a "technical" writers mailing list, so those folks
are less likely to be among its readers. If your program is
concentrating more on the "professional" part of "professional
and technical writing" it may serve your students well, but if
they come out of it believing they're going to be hired as
professional employees by companies looking to deliver
"technical" information without having to do technical writing,
they're likely to be disappointed.

And yes, they should be more concerned about what they
do than about what titles they have, because they probably
won't get to pick their titles anyway.

Gene Kim-Eng