Re: Tools: Tracking down copyright violations?

Subject: Re: Tools: Tracking down copyright violations?
From: "Collin Turner" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:14:39 -0600

Meta Data...that's where you place your watermark. Even cut and paste will
capture the mark. It could be from word, html, xml, or just a clever
placement of characters you arrange and conduct a search for. I used to drop
a sequence in pieces I would publish online and let search engines capture.
If anyone ever wanted to see examples of my work I'd just enter that
sequence and voila! It was unique enough that the engines would display my
results almost exclusively no matter where they were.

Even if someone took them without my permission.

Usually a strongly worded letter was all it took to get the work removed. If
not, then other methods were necessary.

It just takes a little creativity, that's all.

-Collin
collinturner.com <http://www.collinturner.com>
The unofficial words of a Tech Writer
[image: Collin Turner] <http://www.collinturner.com>