RE: paying for docs

Subject: RE: paying for docs
From: "Erika Yanovich" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:44:00 +0300

Well, yes, and much more. Let's say a customer wants to make sure our
box works in their network. This could include simulating their network
in our lab (connecting and configuring different pieces of equipment),
testing, documenting the test and even going to the customer's site and
verifying it there.

So actually, these pre-sale docs are just a fraction of the story.

Are we talking about documentation requiring custom
work? If your company provides this for prospective
customers, then it's pre-sales advertising/marketing
material and I can't think of anything else to call it
except "cost of doing business."

Gene Kim-Eng

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit