Re: Word - Disappearing Acrobat toolbar (again)

Subject: Re: Word - Disappearing Acrobat toolbar (again)
From: "Conner, Stuart" <sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:56:47 +0100

> I've also had trouble like this. The problem seems to be the new menu
> that one is setting up 'interacts' with the Acrobat menu. A solution
> that I've found works well is to ONLY make changes to the menu in your
> template using a Word installation with absolutely NO other Word
> templates, customisations or add-ins loaded. You can either do this on
> a physically different PC, or use a program like
> <http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/officeins.html> to temporarily 'switch
> off' Acrobat and any other add-ins on your PC, in addition to renaming
> any other global templates loading from '.dot' to '.dotxxx' to prevent
> them loading. Resetting the Menu Bar (Tools > Customize > click
> Toolbars tab > click Menu Bar entry in list > Reset button >
> Normal.dot) is also sometimes necessary to get everything back to its
> default state. You might also need to reset the Menu Bar in your
> template as well and rebuild the menu from scratch to get something to
> start working from.
>
> HTH.
>
> Stuart.
This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only. Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster -at- nds -dot- com and destroy the original message. Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored. NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

NDS Limited Registered office: One Heathrow Boulevard, 286 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales Registered no. 3080780 VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList