Re: Computer Courses to Help Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Computer Courses to Help Technical Writers
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Ronquillo, Michael" <mronquillo -at- equitrac -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:18:17 -0700 (PDT)

I strongly advise you to take courses in the basics of
Java and C++. It could help make you a bit more
employable.

For one thing, having that extra training on your
resume makes you look better - maybe smarter, at least
more trainable. Having that extra certification makes
you look like you have initiative.

For another thing, the more you know about the
software, the better you can communicate with the
subject matter experts. You can understand their
answers more easily, making your work more efficient,
and they will be more favorably disposed toward
someone who understands their work better.

--- "Ronquillo, Michael" <mronquillo -at- equitrac -dot- com>

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/klhra%40yahoo.com