Re: Workplace issues

Subject: Re: Workplace issues
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:27:53 -0500

I really find all this rather humorous, in a gallows humor sort of way.

I will give value for what I am hired to do. However, expecting 100%
use of your time on the job from 8-5 is most unrealistic. No one, not
even CEOs devote all of their time to the company during a day. You
are paid for your time, and to accomplish a job. That is all. The
concept that they own all of your time is ludicrous.

Bathroom breaks? Breaks for rest? Clear your mind? Avoid repetitive
stress injuries?

Let us get real. Any manager who insists upon 100% all the time with
no personal business occurring is not only unreasonable, they are not
close to being a leader, and what is worse, they probably are not
effective as a manager in the first place.

I have a life. And if a company cannot accept that, I won't work for
them. Good luck to them, because they will need it. I'll probably
avoid their product as well.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList