RE: [TOOLS] Review/user comments of MS Virtual Destop Manager powertoy

Subject: RE: [TOOLS] Review/user comments of MS Virtual Destop Manager powertoy
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>, <beelia -at- pacbell -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:55:07 -0400

Thanks for that suggestion.
The reason that I was willing to try the MSVDM powertoy in the first place was because it had a modicum of MS blessing. That's not to say that it was guaranteed to be good or bug-free, but at least I could be pretty sure it wouldn't phone home with my credit details and health info... (not that I keep those on an employer computer, but there are also passwords and other sensitive things)

Whenever I find lots of alternatives for a tool, I like to get some third-party reassurance from people who have used one or another with success and with no adverse effects.
I found several at sourceforge, tucows, and other sites, including several that were hits for the search terms, but turned out to be some other kind of utility (like couple of dashboard utilities were listed under "virtual desktop"), and several virtual desktop add-ons that were last updated before SP2 came out for Win XP. Maybe they were programmed right the first time, but maybe they were made "good enough" and then abandoned when the student programmer went on to a real-world job.

Anyway, a solid endorsement from a trusted list member is incentive to try another such util. So, now the question is, are you a trusted list member... <gdr&h>

- Kevin