Re: FrameMaker 8: Table numbering reset after text inset?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 8: Table numbering reset after text inset?
From: "Lin Sims" <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com, art -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com, jeremy -at- omsys -dot- com, Fred -dot- Staal -at- schilling -dot- com, john -at- garisons -dot- com
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:02:17 -0400

Sometimes it's so obvious you miss it.

I found the problem. Like an idiot, I apparently used the same bloody
label for the Table numbering AND the table step numbering tags. My
only excuse is that I'm trying to develop a template at the same time
I'm trying to create documentation, all of which was wanted yesterday.
(Isn't that always the way?) And I missed it. *sigh*

Thank you, Fred, for making me look VERY closely at some of the tags
I'd created. Your suggestion of removing from a few paragraphs before
to a few paragraphs after the inset got me to it.

As an aside to something that Peter said, I don't have a blank
paragraph after any of the insets. It's merging very nicely into the
rest of the document, which is good since it happens to contain the
beginning of a list of steps that continue on after it. Maybe that's
something they tweaked for FrameMaker 8?

(Art, I'm using FM 8.0p277, on Windows XP Pro SP3.)

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Peter Gold <peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com> wrote:
> Hi, Lin:
>
> If all other autonumbered items that follow the text inset are
> incorrect including the table, it's likely that the text flow is
> broken near the inset. Have you tried selecting all in flow and
> viewing in 25% view, to see that the selection is continuous
> throughout the file?

The other autonumbered items are correct, but they're in a different
numbered series.

--
Lin Sims

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/