RE: Another word for "Paperwork"

Subject: RE: Another word for "Paperwork"
From: "Andrew Warren" <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>
To: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:17:52 -0700

Hemstreet, Deborah wrote:

> We have a flowchart with the word "Paperwork" on it.
> This means the job travelers, or packets that go with a
> manufactured product through the process .... Someone here
> is concerned about the word "paperwork" and they don't want
> the word "documentation". Can anyone suggest another word


You can't just use "traveler"? If that word is inextricably tied to paper in your company, maybe "job order" or "work order" (if those phrases don't already mean something else to you), or even just "manufacturing instructions" or "routing instructions".



ComponentOne Doc-To-Help gives you everything you need to author and
publish quality Help, Web, and print content. Perfect for technical
authors, developers, and policy writers. Download a FREE trial.

True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
documentation. Boost your productivity!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Another word for "Paperwork": From: Hemstreet, Deborah

Previous by Author: Estimating Projects
Next by Author: RE: Grammer question
Previous by Thread: Re: Another word for "Paperwork"
Next by Thread: Re: Another word for "Paperwork"

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads