RE: Another word for "Paperwork"

Subject: RE: Another word for "Paperwork"
From: "Andrew Warren" <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>
To: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:17:52 -0700

Hemstreet, Deborah wrote:

> We have a flowchart with the word "Paperwork" on it.
>
> This means the job travelers, or packets that go with a
> manufactured product through the process .... Someone here
> is concerned about the word "paperwork" and they don't want
> the word "documentation". Can anyone suggest another word

Deborah:

You can't just use "traveler"? If that word is inextricably tied to paper in your company, maybe "job order" or "work order" (if those phrases don't already mean something else to you), or even just "manufacturing instructions" or "routing instructions".

-Andrew

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/