RE: What format do you use for proofing?

Subject: RE: What format do you use for proofing?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:46:51 -0400

I post drafts to a shared server. Some reviewers print the drafts and
mark them up by hand, while others create new versions that they edit in
Word. Among those who edit in Word, only some use change tracking.

I eventually receive either the Word markup or a PDF scan of the
handwritten comments. Some reviewers post to the shared server, while
others e-mail directly to me. The shared server allows them to post
their own versions, but not to edit or delete mine.

I do it this way because my job is to make things easier for other
people (see "Technical Writer, definition of"). The process isn't
nudzh-free, but it helps me get their input a little faster.

By the way, not to pick nits or anything, but I expect my reviewers to
do a *lot* more than just proofing.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/