RE: Pointing device question

Subject: RE: Pointing device question
From: "Brian Henderson" <brian-henderson -at- cox -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:17:42 -0700

Oh, just go whole-hog and call it a Trackball-Style Mouse-Alternative User Input Device.

But seriously, what I would say about this sort of situation is that no matter how common the term "trackball" might seem, there are
going to be plenty of people who have never heard it. So, unless you're audience is guaranteed to be at least medium geek, my
impulse would be to spell-out the long-winded version of the term -- at its first instance -- then shorten it thereafter.

-Brian Henderson
www.XyWrite.com

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Morton

...rewriting a user guide where intances of "trackball mouse" are littered
throughout.

Am I OK to just make each instance, "trackball?"

Thanks

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/