Re: How to explain clicking on a submenu

Subject: Re: How to explain clicking on a submenu
From: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Chris Vickery" <cvickery -at- arenasolutions -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:26:24 -0500

Depending on how deep a command is embedded, I'd second Chris's
suggestion, especially if you've given a screen shot of the main
toolbar identifying each of the main menus (or a screen shot of the
specific menu open).

If you're trying to explain the location of a command outside a
description of the menu, make sure to think about how deep it is, and
how often it's been mentioned before, if at all. No matter which way
you do it, it's going to be easiest to explain by using a screen shot
of the whole thing.

Regards,

Kathleen

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Chris Vickery
<cvickery -at- arenasolutions -dot- com> wrote:
> I would name the first menu and use the gt to separate subsequent menus:
>
> In the Home menu, select Administrator > Contacts > Reports.
>
> Unless you have some way of differentiating the menu types, I think that
> would be the best option.
>
> Chris

Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com