Re: Select, choose, click style guide

Subject: Re: Select, choose, click style guide
From: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Chinell, David F (GE EntSol, Security)" <David -dot- Chinell -at- ge -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:58:31 -0500

I agree with the MS MoS judgements on choose. But I don't agree with others:

I prefer "click on."

I think select is suitable for opening a toolbar or menu to a
particular item. I think click is inappropriate here.

Select is not really appropriate for check boxes, although I don't
recall what I used (check or tick in the x box, maybe).

Regards,

Kathleen

Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com