RE: "Good enough"

Subject: RE: "Good enough"
From: "Victoria Wroblewski" <victoria -dot- wroblewski -at- eagletest -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:45:38 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Cardimon, Craig
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:42 AM
To: Techwr-l
Subject: "Good enough"

> My question for you folks is, how do you all cope with "good enough,"
> and how often does it show up?

I was recently talking with a non-TW who deals with some TW during the
course of business. When the subject of deadlines came up and I was
asked what I do when I miss a deadline, all I could say was "I don't."
Cue the "deer in headlights" look from the other person. I tried to
explain that really, I've never missed a deadline that was not due to a
technical difficulty outside of my control. The blank stare continued.
I tried to go further, explaining that if a un-movable deadline is
approaching and it's looking tight, you go to the "good enough" place.
Figure out what is important and not important, what can and cannot be
done in the timeframe, and make sure everyone involved in the project
knows what the situation is. The person really could not put it in
perspective.

I'd hate to be a tech writer at that shop.

- V

**This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.**

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/