Re: wisdom from freelancers

Subject: Re: wisdom from freelancers
From: "Heidi Liebl-Slabinski" <heidi -dot- liebl -dot- slabinski -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:57:23 -0600

It's me, the OP. I thank you all for your responses.
I know lots of you have been in this position, so your perspective
is valuable and greatly appreciated.

I know that permanence is an illusion. I was laid off myself a few
months back. Kat's comments ring true for me.

In the time since I interviewed for Job A, response to my resume
postings has increased dramatically. I am coming to believe that
the only security is how much you're willing to do for yourself.
I can't count on an employer or spouse to take care of me.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda... I'm leaning toward the contract job.
I'll take the advice to save as much as possible.

Thanks for your wisdom and encouragement.

http://www.doctohelp.com