RE: Tech writers are the new accountants

Subject: RE: Tech writers are the new accountants
From: "Chris Vickery" <cvickery -at- arenasolutions -dot- com>
To: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:56:27 -0800

David wrote: " For example, I once write a woman a letter asking her for
a date. (She said no.)"

Try a telegram next time. The ladies love that.

HELLO MY NAME IS DAVID STOP LETS GO TO A MOVIE STOP I AM NOT A CREEPY
TECH WRITER SO DONT WORRY STOP

:)

Chris

From: "Lin Sims" <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>

Although a friend of mine has remarked more than once that technical
writers are weird because they like to write, whereas MOST people
would rather get poked in the eye with a sharp, pointy stick.

Well, liking to write doesn't make you weird unless you take it to the
point of using writing where face-to-face communication is the norm. For

From: john -at- garisons -dot- com

Tech writers are a distinct sub-species of writers in that we include
virtually nothing of our selves or our personalities in what we write.

Well, I actually tried to do so once. I like to be melodramatic -- have
written horror fiction, in fact -- and once wrote a manual full of
cautions and warnings. Wherever UI had an excuse to insert a caution or
warning, I put one in. Then the editor went and took them all out. As
Herman Munster would say, "Darn! Darn! Darn! Darn! Darn! Darn! Darn!"

ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and
publishing
http://www.doctohelp.com

once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as cvickery -at- arenasolutions -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/cvickery%40arenasolut
ions.com

http://www.doctohelp.com