Re: Boilerplate resume items for otherwise uninspiring jobs

Subject: Re: Boilerplate resume items for otherwise uninspiring jobs
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Rob Hudson" <caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:30:07 -0500

Maybe ask the kid about any special types of POS (point of sale, people!)
devices they have used (some cash registers are fairly complicated to use),
stress trustworthiness (i.e. average daily cash handled), handling credit
card transactions if the magnetic swipe machine is down, handling
refunds/customer service type stuff, other computer experience, experience
with setting up displays (both in-store and in the windows), presentation of
merchandise, handling shipping/recieving of goods, etc.

If I were looking to hire minimum wage retail help, these are the things I'd
be interested in (plus showing up on time and working the hours they are
paid for). I don't even know that I'd look at resumes, although showing up
with one would probably impress me more than showing up for the cattle call
without one.

-Wendy

http://www.doctohelp.com