Re: Question about security clearance

Subject: Re: Question about security clearance
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:22:22 -0500

And in this day and age, I've only seen requests for "already has". It
is not possible to get a clearance on your own. The employer has to
request it, and it takes money and time--three to six months when I had
one years ago. Possibly a lot longer now.

I'm clearable, but don't have one. Doesn't stop agencies from wanting to
put me in for jobs that need one. What are they thinking? Oh, $19/hr,
that's what they're thinking.

IIRC, some members of Clinton's administration had problems getting
needed clearances because of past associations.

http://www.doctohelp.com