Re: Madcap Flare and Firefox 3

Subject: Re: Madcap Flare and Firefox 3
From: beelia <beelia -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:14:01 -0800

Kevin,

This sounds exactly like the "Search Hang" bug that I filed with Madcap some
time ago. It's not fixed yet.

The search session terminates and hangs because of a problem with the Search
Filter Set feature, which I've never used. The process is unsuccessfully
looking for a file called "Filters.xml", which does not exist if you haven't
defined a filter set.

To patch this problem, every time I do a build, I drag an empty
"Filters.xml" file into the Data folder (under Output) after the WebHelp
build completes. This keeps the search from hanging because the file,
although it is empty, is found, so the session termination does not occur.

Because my help is part of the application, I then submit the patched set of
output files to the build via Perforce.

Hope this helps.

Bee

http://www.doctohelp.com