Re: Dumb question: is it "email", "Email", "e-mail", or "E-mail"

Subject: Re: Dumb question: is it "email", "Email", "e-mail", or "E-mail"
From: Dossy Shiobara <dossy -at- panoptic -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:45:18 -0500

Deborah Hemstreet wrote:
> My brain is befuddled by change. Could someone kindly advise the correct
> current practice for referring to Email (email, E-mail, e-mail)... I see
> it typed every which way...
> Is there a rule for this kind of thing? For example, I've seen
> discussion over Internet vs internet, and online Help vs online help....

Donald Knuth suggests we use "email" -

I tend to agree with him ... :-)

Dossy Shiobara | dossy -at- panoptic -dot- com |
Panoptic Computer Network |

once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!

or visit

Dumb question: is it "email", "Email", "e-mail", or "E-mail": From: Deborah Hemstreet