RE: Need some opinions on phrasing

Subject: RE: Need some opinions on phrasing
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:55:31 +0900 (WST)

Hi Deb -

The IBM Style guidelines say:

"To state a requirement that includes earlier or later versions
of a product, use the phrases "or earlier" to indicate earlier
versions and "or later" to indicate subsequent versions."

If your product runs solely or primarily on AIX and other IBM
OSes it might make sense to follow their practice.

(BTW the MS Manual of Style says, "... use earlier or later...
Do not use higher or lower." )

Stuart

http://www.doctohelp.com