Madcap Flare and unhandled exceptions

Subject: Madcap Flare and unhandled exceptions
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:47:18 -0500

Is anybody using Madcap Flare 4.2 and getting Unhandled Exceptions error
dialogs popping up?

A Madcap forum thread about this had desultory recommendations about
re-installing the .NET framework.

However, the Madcap site (Flare system requirements page) points to a
Microsoft download page that gives me .NET 3.0 vanilla, but when I
download and attempt to (re)install it, I get the complaint that a newer
version (.NET 3.0 SP1) is already installed.

So now I wanna know if Flare is so sensitive to .NET versions that it
chokes on SP1.

Flare forums are ok, but they are a million little silos. If somebody's
not logged in and looking at the particular thread, it doesn't get seen.
A mailing list at least ensures that the topic gets waved under all
participants' noses, so they make a decision to not be interested. :-)

Also, for bonus points - any Microsoft MVP types who know the meaning of
the Add and Remove Programs flag that says "Frequently", "Occasionally",
or "Rarely" ??

I use Flare pretty-much every day, and it's used "Rarely".
Ditto for .NET (any version... I have several installed)
Ditto for Firefox - not a day goes by that I don't run Firefox.
Ditto for MS Office PE 2003. .... SnagIt.... Sheesh!

- Kevin

(Yes, the way things work around here, I run "Sheesh!" more often than
anything else, by far.)

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com