Re: Photo in 3D space -- a quick lesson

Subject: Re: Photo in 3D space -- a quick lesson
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:26:52 -0500

It's very easy in Illustrator CS3.

Place your photograph on an illustrator layer.
Drag it into the Symbols palette (this will create a symbol from your
photograph)

Draw one side of your box (draw a square or rectangle). Make sure the
rectangle is selected.
Select Effect > 3D > Extrude and Bevel
choose the other dimensions of your box, and how the ends are treated.
Click "Map Art" and you can select any of the symbols loaded into the
symbols palette on any of the sides of the box. Check "Preview" to see your
progress.

I think Photoshop has similar options, but I haven't played with that yet.

Good luck,
Wendy

http://www.doctohelp.com