RE: Highlighting new material in Webhelp - temporarily

Subject: RE: Highlighting new material in Webhelp - temporarily
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>, "Ed" <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:00:20 -0500

Rick Stone [mailto:rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com] suggested:

> Hi there
>
> I was thinking if it is text on a page, you might declare a new style
> for each release and apply it to the text.
>
> When the new version arrives, just configure the new style with no
> shading so the highlights disappear. Then declare yet another
> new style
> and apply the shading to it.
>
> Style names might reflect the release.
> R1
> R2
> R3 and so on.
>
> I suppose this may result in an eventual buildup of styles in
> the style
> sheet. Depends on how often you update.
>
> Just pondering out loud... Rick :)

After years of dealing with Word's "infinite style generator", I'm leery
(bordering on revulsion) of proliferation of styles in any application.

But since Flare doesn't seem to randomly and spontaneously generate
styles, and a style can be turned off and on at just one location in
Flare, your suggestion does have a certain economical attraction.

Between that and a "What's New/Changed" Book in the ToC, I guess I've
got the problem covered.

Whoops! Late-breaking news, Paul suggested some possibly clean-cut ways
to prevent style proliferation via global editing of span class tags and
CSS changes.
Thanks,

- Kevin
or disclosing it.