RE: Need help with Help

Subject: RE: Need help with Help
From: "Technical Writing Plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'Aviva Wulfsohn'" <AWulfsohn -at- ecipay -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:09:14 -0600

Aviva, Wikipedia might be able to help you get a handle on the issue. Their
articles on

H & M: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help_%26_Manual

HATs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_help_authoring_tools

Online Help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_help

Technical Communication:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_communication .

I hope this will help you. It seems to me that in the very short term, you
would want to figure out how to get into that H&M help system to change
things to represent the new ownership, and possibly you would want to change
any things that might represent large changes in policy that have come about
because of the change in ownership. I imagine that you would want to get
detaile guidelines for all of this from the company management.

Some of the more detailed and smaller things could wait a bit, I suppose.

I have heard that Help & Manual is a good, low-cost system that is
easy-to-learn.

Some other person mentioned the HATT Yahoogroup. That is a good resource.

Jim Jones

cartoons-jim.blogspot.com
stc-chicago-jim.blogspot.com
akn6z.wordpress.com

Technical Workshop Coordinator for STC Chicago