RE: What's wrong with Times New Roman?; was, RE: Hey! She messed with *my* manual

Subject: RE: What's wrong with Times New Roman?; was, RE: Hey! She messed with *my* manual
From: "Latella, Vincent" <VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:20:43 -0400

John,

Content is certainly king, but I don't think that aesthetics should be
ignored. Even if the instructions and screenshots are correct, the
latter shouldn't be falling off pages.

I wouldn't have minded at all if the person changing the document had
just made sure that images weren't falling off pages, *or* if they had
made the changes and let me know so that I could format everything
properly. In fact, in either case, I'd have been very happy. (In this
instance however, I found out about the change when I was talking to him
at his desk, and I saw the altered document sitting there.)

Regardless, I didn't say anything. We're a tight group here, and we all
get along pretty well, so there's no sense in ruffling feathers because
of a brief moment of dissatisfaction. Stuff happens.

*switching gears*

Leonard,

As for my friend's use of Times New Roman, all of our official
communication here utilizes sans-serif fonts (hence my moment of
dissatisfaction). On a more personal level, I just don't like the look
of Times New Roman, and don't enjoy the fact that it's Microsoft's
default font for Word.

I take it you're a fan?

Regards,
Vin