RE: Are chapter numbes a thing of the past?

Subject: RE: Are chapter numbes a thing of the past?
From: "Keith Hansen" <KRH -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:15:48 -0500

John wrote:
<<With chapter numbering, each page in each chapter after the addition
still has the same number. If you run serially, then a new page bumps
the number of every page after it.>>

So, with chapter numbering, you wouldn't have to reprint the entire
book, just the affected chapters? Makes sense in that situation.

In my situation, a revised copy of the entire book is just sent out at
regular intervals--never individual chapters. So sequential pagination
throughout the book seems to make more sense...

Julie wrote:
<<At any rate, I find that having each chapter numbered separately is a
huge usability issue for me as a reader, as well as being a right pain
in the rump to set up and maintain as a writer. I vastly prefer numbing
a manual from 1 to x. And now that I'm a lone writer, that's how I
roll.>>

Ditto for me! =)

Keith

http://www.doctohelp.com