TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements From:TECHWR-L Listowner <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com> To:archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com Date:Fri, 15 May 2009 02:05:09 -0600 (MDT)
Friday, May 15, 2009
TECHWR-L Premium Ads
You received this message because you're a subscriber to TECHWR-L.
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper,
magazine, or journal underwrite the costs of those publications).
In this posting, look for the following ...
HELP & MANUAL: A Mature and Flexible HAT
and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.
HELP & MANUAL is one of the most versatile and capable help
authoring and technical writing tools available. It is now the
favorite of a growing number of help authors technical writers,
documentation teams and corporate information departments.
Many companies have switched to HELP & MANUAL from much more
expensive competing solutions, gaining benefits from the
intuitive use and faster learning curve combined with advanced
configuration and conditional build output features.
Key professional features of HELP & MANUAL include:
* Single-source to CHM, HTML, HLP, PDF, EPUB, EXE, RTF, HXS
* Output any format at any time, no multiple updates
* Pure XML - translate directly with Trados etc.
* WYSIWYG editor, works like a familiar word processor
* Full multi-user editing support
* Add your own scripts and HTML, full access to all templates
* Expanding sections, inline text and images
* Conditional builds - multiple versions in one project
* Reuse content that updates automatically when edited
* Style and configure output in seconds with skins
* Command line build automation with skin chaining
* Full Unicode, localization support for 106+ languages
* Modular projects - combine projects at will
* Exceptional support via email and public forum
These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.
For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us
(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at http://www.techwr-l.com/about/advertising