Web-based interface issues

Subject: Web-based interface issues
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:00:08 -0400

Hi All,

Following up on the GUI question, I have my own GUI question, but as it
relates to web-based interfaces.

When I use my browser to open up a software application... what is the
most commonly used terminology:


I don't want to refer to browser all the time, since our users know they
are a browser window... basically, its the same as any software, with
dialog boxes, command buttons, option boxes, etc. The legacy
documentation refers to screens and windows, with no consistency... so
I'd like to pick the name for the main display (with menu bars,
commands, information etc.) that is consistent and clear.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I've probably forgotten
tons of info that you need to give me some wise ideas.



ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:


GUI Elements defined: From: Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENG2.2)

Previous by Author: Re: Another term for cutting edge or forefront or vanguard
Next by Author: Grammar (again!)
Previous by Thread: Re: GUI Elements defined
Next by Thread: Re: Web-based interface issues

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads