Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TECHWR-L Listowner <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 02:05:08 -0600 (MDT)

Posted on
Friday, May 22, 2009
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper,
magazine, or journal underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

CASE STUDY: MadCap Flare Used by Microsoft Health Solutions
ANNOUNCE: Collaborative authoring, powered by NomaDesk
ANN: Extend Your Global Reach by Automating Translation

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCE: Collaborative authoring, powered by NomaDesk

DITA and topic-based authoring has opened up a lot of new ways to
collaborate on content development. If you work with geographically
dispersed teams, however, you need to have a "platform" (or "workspace
")
to share and exchange your files. This platform can be a content
management system or ...NomaDesk®.

We at Scripto design DITA-based technical documentation for our custom
ers,
and we save this content on

a shared, secure NomaDesk® drive. Doing so, we can invite other partie
to participate in this collaborative content development process:

* The customer
* The graphic designer(s)
* The translator(s)
* The publisher

You can read the full story here to learn how we do it and what we lik
about it:

http://www.scripto.nu/index.php?q=en/node/99

CASE STUDY: MadCap Flare Used by Microsoft Health Solutions Group

>From a newly published case study about the use of MadCap Flare
by the Microsoft Health Solutions Group:

In 2009, the United States government has highlighted the need
for the healthcare industry to embrace online data management
to improve care and control rising costs.

Microsoft Health Solutions Group (HSG), an innovator in this
sector, already is helping hospitals such as Johns Hopkins
Medicine, New York-Presbyterian, El Camino Hospital, and
Seattle Childrens Hospital to enhance their care and
efficiency through its healthcare information solutions.
Hand-in-hand with those solutions is leading-edge
documentation on how to effectively use them.

Today, Microsoft HSG is using MadCap Flare to streamline
the publishing of print and online documentation for the
newest version of its Amalga Unified Intelligence System
(UIS) 2009, which was launched in April 2009.

Based on its initial success with the Amalga UIS
documentation, Microsoft HSG plans to extend Flare across
the HSG enterprise group and is investigating the potential
for using Flare across the entire HSG division.

Read more at:
http://www.madcapsoftware.com/company/casestudies.aspx

ANN: Extend Your Global Reach by Automating Translation in the Enterpr
ise

Date: 27th May 2009

Times: 8am Pacific, 11am Eastern, 4pm UK time, 5pm CEST

Register for a complimentary, live webinar to learn how to
improve the global customer experience and control translation
costs by incorporating automated translation solutions from
Language Weaver and SDL as part of your Global Information
Management (GIM) solution.

http://www.sdl.com/en/events/sdl-and-language-weaver-webinar.asp

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5000 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/event

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us
(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/about/advertising