GUI Terminology

Subject: GUI Terminology
From: "Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENG2.2)" <Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:29:23 -0500

Hello All,
Does anyone know the correct terminology for a drop down menu (initially
blank) that you could enter text in that generates options for future
I thought it was called a editable drop down menu. Am I correct?
Any and all comments welcomed.
Thanks in advance
Megan Bruce
Documentation Specialist - ST-CO/ENG2.2
Bosch Security Systems, Inc.


ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:


Previous by Author: RE: Oh, no - not another learning experience!!
Next by Author: RE: GUI Terminology
Previous by Thread: Ancient FrameMaker upgrade sought
Next by Thread: Re: GUI Terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads