RE: API guide sample and/or template

Subject: RE: API guide sample and/or template
From: "Richard L Hamilton" <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:20:10 -0600

Leonard,

This question has been bounced around a bit over the years,
so you may find it useful to search the techwr-l site for
some of those discussions.

I don't believe that you will find a general purpose API
sample that will give you what you need. In my view, the
best place to start is with examples of documentation for
APIs using the same programming language and operating
system as you are.

If you post some more information about the particular
programming language and OS, I suspect you can get some
specific suggestions from the list.

Hope that helps,
Richard Hamilton
---------------------------------