Re: Documentation Deliverables for Complex Scenario

Subject: Re: Documentation Deliverables for Complex Scenario
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:13:46 -0400

Firstly,

Thank you all for your quick responses. I love Dilbert anyway, and
Peter's response was my gut reaction. I talked with the client, and
hence my email to you all!

I like Kathleen's approach. Right now there 7 books for different
aspects of working the SW... I prefer the TWO book approach, with theory
and How to... and good linking, related topics, etc. between them all.

Geoff has some good points. I may try to discuss working on the GUI now,
and see if they can implement "Smart" help for each page... that would
be ideal (I think). However, I am doubtful that the client will be open
to any touching of the GUI at this point in time, but I could be wrong.

Having said that... I am wondering if there are any other
thoughts/ideas/out of the box ideas that anyone has.

Thanks again. Talk with you later.

Deborah
http://www.tech-challenged.com

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.