User Manuals

Subject: User Manuals
From: "LML" <lleduc -at- designnettech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:36:08 -0400

Hi All,

I've been researching around and looking at different types of user manuals
and I'm wondering what you all think is the best approach for a useable
manual. Can anyone point me toward any examples of great manuals, although
such greatness may not be out there freely on the internet. I have found
many bad examples and they are generally bad because even though the
information is there, they are difficult to maneuver through.

I'm working with Word right now and want to learn how to use Frame Maker,
but I am not sure how quick of a learning process that will be (any input on
that would also be appreciated).

The manuals are distributed as PDFs or Flash documents and I know they are
often printed out by the users, so that definitely has to be factored in.

Thanks in advance!

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.