Re: Interesting use of infographics for a resume

Subject: Re: Interesting use of infographics for a resume
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:06:14 -0700

An illustrator/graphics designer is more likely to be called on to
provide support to marketing as well as technical publications than a
writer is. If that position reported to me, I'd like to see a mix of
work that tells me the candidate is capable of producing both "dry and
stuffy" or "hip and creative" output, and knows how to tell when to do
one or the other. Generally, this translates into a conventional resume
and a portfolio, and a portfolio that contains everything from colorful
charts to old-fashioned line art. Having only one or the other wouldn't
necessarily disqualify someone, but having both would definitely help.

Gene Kim-Eng