Re: job-hunt weirdness

Subject: Re: job-hunt weirdness
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:32:18 -0700

Direct-hire listing, or recruiter?

If direct-hire recruiter, my guess would be they picked a candidate,
brought the person in on a temp-to-hire basis, it didn't work out and
none of the other candidates from the first round were suitable or
suitable and available.

If recruiter, my guess is the client rejected all the resumes they
submitted and they're out looking for more.

The common belief that recruiters troll for resumes to use to impress
clients is usually a myth. Hardly anyone with any experience as a
hiring manager is impressed by a stack of resumes for people a recruiter
has been unable to place.

Gene Kim-Eng