Re: job-hunt weirdness

Subject: Re: job-hunt weirdness
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:49:19 -0700

Two possibilities come to mind.

One, of course, is that nobody caught it. Very often, mistakes we make
that jump off the page at us when we notice them are apparent only to
us. Did you happen to notice if the annotations included the mistake...?

The other is that they did notice it, but the rest of your resume and
cover were sufficiently impressive that they decided to talk to you
anyway, and your interview was sufficiently impressive that they decided
to hire you and perhaps remind you at a later date to work on your
editing (or did they employ editors who they concluded would take care
of that for you?)

Gene Kim-Eng