Re: Appropriate -- so inappropriate!

Subject: Re: Appropriate -- so inappropriate!
From: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:33:47 -0500

Perhaps you could clarify the sentence beginning, "aggressively
non-technical ..."?

In my experience, vagueness is more likely to originate with engineers or
software developers who are busy doing their primary job, which is not
typically writing instructions or user assistance.

As a non-technical technical writer who does an excellent job documenting
software and hardware, I also take exception to the whole tenor of your
comment. A so-called technical writer who would insert an ambiguous phrase
is simply not in tune with the requirements of the job. It doesn't matter if
they're "technical" or "non-technical".

--
Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com