RE: Aging out was RE: job-hunt weirdness

Subject: RE: Aging out was RE: job-hunt weirdness
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Janice Gelb" <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>, "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:04:16 -0500

At very least, Janice, now is the time to start firing up your
job-finding activities, probably discreetly, but certainly in earnest.
Work your networks. Think about what you want to do, where and how you
want to do it, and what's feasible. Make sure the heart of your resume
is current, focused, polished -- it's not the most important part of the
job search by any stretch, but you'll likely have to produce it at some
point.

Maybe things will turn out fine in the new regime. Maybe things will
seem fine for an extended period, only to have a surprise a year or two
down the road. In any case, you might as well start cultivating options.

Jim