RE: Importing DITA into RoboHelp

Subject: RE: Importing DITA into RoboHelp
From: "Gilbert, Brian" <BGILBER -at- transunion -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:31:12 -0500

I'm very interested in this discussion. We are looking to
upgrade/replace our existing HATT. In looking at the Adobe help site
(http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/8.0/RoboHTML/WS74762CD2-DA87-4021-
BDB0-2328C18403DD.html), I found that you should be able to import a
DITA map file. At least it says that it will work.

Do you have the Tech Writer Suite and the Open Toolkit plug-in for
Frame?

I guess it may come down to a couple of things. Do you have DITA Open
Toolkit on your system? When importing, do you use File | Import | DITA
Map? If so, does the DITA Open Tool Kit Processing Options dialog box
appear?

If the answer is yes to these questions, I would talk to Adobe directly.
Since they say that it'll work. If not, try installing DITA-OT.

Please let us know what you discover. If RH8 doesn't import DITA without
the Tech Writer Suite, that'll help us make our decision much faster.