RE: Job openings slim

Subject: RE: Job openings slim
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Bill Swallow'" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Dan Goldstein'" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:18:41 -0400

Bill is correct. I'm doing okay, but I'm working my posterior off to make
sure my contracts survive the "recession." However, if it all ends tomorrow,
I can't just up and move to "where the jobs are." We may be empty nesters,
but that doesn't mean we don't have a mortgage and other bills. This is not
a good market to sell your house and pack up everything for an opportunity
on the other side of the country, especially when that opportunity could dry
up faster than you can sell the homestead.

A friend of mine got a job with the railroad during the dot-com bust. He
never looked back and is now a certified RR engineer. He would have never
looked at that job if he didn't loose his TW position.

Al Geist
Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
Website: www.geistassociates.com
See Also:
Fine Art Photography
Website: www.geistarts.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Sy Safransky)

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.