Re: To continue OFF-TOPIC topics...

Subject: Re: To continue OFF-TOPIC topics...
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 00:50:21 -0400

I thought it was an informative thread that is ON-TOPIC to my needs as
a consultant trying to drum up business after over 10 years out of the
consulting business. VOIP is something I'm keenly interested in due to
many of my client interactions taking place via contacts in varying
countries. Had this been posted on the off-topic list, I doubt I'd
ever have seen it.

Perhaps we should define the scope of technical writing for the sake
of the list? As Geoff mentioned, how is VOIP any different from DITA?
What if someone has an Excel question? And is marcomm out of the
question as well?

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

STC Ideas: http://stcideas.ning.com
Join: http://stcideas.ning.com/?xgi=6X1vNGI

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.