RE: Salary at a State University

Subject: RE: Salary at a State University
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Tech Writer" <tech-writer -at- live -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 07:55:33 -0500

There may not be wiggle room, but....

1) What problems can you solve for them, what capacities can you bring?
2) Will those assets enable them to do/offer something they cannot or do
not offer now?
3) What did the last person in the position make? What might you bring
to the table that your predecessor did not -- particularly as it applies
to the department's needs, desired future direction, or both?

If there is wiggle room, I suspect it lies in the answer to those
questions.