Re: Standards for warning icons

Subject: Re: Standards for warning icons
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>, "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:44:43 -0700

I don't think IEEE is referring to procedures when they say "informative
text," but rather to introductory paragraphs, theory of operation, etc.
Their proscribed placement is to place general notices at the beginning
of a document and warnings that are procedure-specific at the steps to
which they apply.

Gene Kim-Eng