RE: extracting Word embedded images

Subject: RE: extracting Word embedded images
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:25:16 -0600

Robert Lauriston wrote:

> As I said in my first post, the drawback to that is that the file
> names are just numbered sequentially (image001.png etc.), with for a
> long document with lots of images is problematic.
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Bill Swallow<techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
> wrote:
> > You can always save the Word file as HTML from Word and grab the
> output PNGs
> > (not JPGs).

But aren't you manually pasting each image into the Picture Manager
application and then saving it with a meaningful file name?

Wouldn't it be faster to create all the PNGs in one step and then, in
Windows Explorer (thumbnail or filmstrip view), rename them?

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.