RE: Are tech writers inherently snobby?

Subject: RE: Are tech writers inherently snobby?
From: Damien Braniff <Damien -dot- Braniff -at- asg -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:33:55 +0100

Perhaps it's more a work/non-work thing. My wife at times wonders if I really have this job as she says at home I can be quite incoherent! :-)

From: "Keith Hood" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
>I think everyone who is a writer of any kind has at least a touch of arrogance.

>I think most technical writers have the habit of writing in distinct mental
>modes, and when they are doing something they're not being paid for, they
>default to a mode where they're less careful about creating the right tone.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as damienb -at- asg -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/damienb%40asg.com

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.