RE: Windows Vista and FrameMaker?

Subject: RE: Windows Vista and FrameMaker?
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:36:17 +0200

Geoff Hart wrote:

> Second, Frame 7.2 is old news. Whether or not it runs on
> Vista, you might want to consider upgrading to Frame 8.x (if
> you can get it) or 9. These offer a variety of fixes and
> improvements, including built-in revision tracking, that may
> make the upgrade worthwhile. I don't use Frame, so I can't
> say anything about how steep the learning curve is likely to
> be, but presumably all the old good features still work well.

Note, though, that in our experience FM 8.x and 9.x are considerably
less stable than 7.2. Many colleagues share the same experience. Our
team also identified some really ugly bugs related to translation
workflows that cost us quite alot of money. Some of them seem to be
corrected, other ones we never heard back from Adobe.

Anyway, this led us to choose another, more stable and predictable
software solution for the content we previously handled with FM.

I would say that if the O.P doesn't need Unicode support, stay with FM
7.2.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg

http://www.flir.com/thg