Re: Cost per page metrics

Subject: Re: Cost per page metrics
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 14:44:51 -0400

Ned Bedinger wrote:
> and don't see ten finished pages every week. Where do they get those
> guys anyway? I can spot their cars in the parking lot because they all
> have bumper stickers that say "HonkHonkHonk if you manage tech writers".
> ...
> who don't understand the scale at which our metrics are meaningful.

Wisdom begins to arrive when you realize that although 90% of the
project uses up 90% of the resources, the remaining 10% of the project
uses up the other 90%.

Is there a name for this principle? It's not Pareto's. Did Pareto maybe
have a crazy step-cousin?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Free Software Documentation Project Web Cast: Covers developing Table of
Contents, Context IDs, and Index, as well as Doc-To-Help
2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.
http://www.doctohelp.com/SuperPages/Webcasts/

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat


Follow-Ups:

References:
Cost per page metrics: From: Broberg, Mats
Re: Cost per page metrics: From: Robert Lauriston
RE: Cost per page metrics: From: Broberg, Mats
Re: Cost per page metrics: From: Bill Swallow
Re: Cost per page metrics: From: Ned Bedinger

Previous by Author: Re: Do people want a hard copy of the owners' manual for their car?
Next by Author: Re: data storage terminology
Previous by Thread: Re: Cost per page metrics
Next by Thread: Re: Cost per page metrics


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads